Wednesday, May 25, 2022
“There’s No Place Like EC1”
HAVE A FANTASTIC SUMMER
Wednesday, May 25th: Last day of school (12:30pm dismissal)
*IF YOU PLAN ON PICKING UP YOUR STUDENT ON THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE BY 10:00AM AT THE LATEST. THINGS TEND TO GET VERY HECTIC ON THE LAST DAY, SO ANY HELP WITH THIS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A FANTASTIC SUMMER!!!
SUPPLY KITS are BACK !!!
When to Order: Now through May 30th
Where to Order: www.shopttkits.com.
Account Number: 15879
How to Pick Up: Shipped Directly to Your House
Rocket Football Golf Outing June 3rd
Join us on June 3rd for the 28th Annual Golf Outing. This outing will help support the 2022 Rocket Football Team.
Click this link for more details on how to sign up, donate or help sponsor the event.
Thank you for supporting your 2022 Rochester Rockets!
Any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE RETURN YOUR LIBRARY BOOKS!
It is that time of year! We are asking for your help in encouraging students to return library books. We love seeing your child in the library every week and continuing their love of reading next year! If you have any questions, please email Kendra Jones at email@example.com. Thank you for helping us collect outstanding library books!
Please remember to make transportation changes prior to 2:00pm. If you plan on picking up your child, please call in advance so we can notify the classroom teacher and get the student to the gym. The end of the day gets very hectic with over 250 children going in different directions. Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated. Our top priority is making sure every student makes it home safely. Thank you all in advance.
*Just a reminder that the front doors do not open until 7:30am. If you could please keep your kids in the car until the front doors open, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Safe2Help is a 24/7 program for students, staff, and families to share school safety issues, find resources to get help, and find encouragement to help others. Anyone can call to talk to a trained staff member about abuse, bullying, depression, self-injury, or suicidal thoughts for themselves or other students. You can access Safe2Help by calling 844-4-SAFEIL, texting SAFE2(72332), or emailing help@safe2helpIL.com.
Parent Drop-off at Rochester Elementary:
Students are to be dropped off in the DROP OFF ZONE AREA designated in front of the building.
Do NOT get out of your car in the drop-off line.
Students need to be able to get out of the car themselves.
If students are unable to get out of the car by themselves, parents are to PARK in the lot and WALK the students to the crosswalk to a staff member.
Parents will not be allowed to enter the building and will remain at the crosswalk at all times.
All students enter the front of the building under the assistance of staff only.
School Buses arrive at 8:10 a.m. and safely drop off our 2-3 students first, then the EC-1 students after.
Staff are present to assist students from the bus to the classroom under staff supervision.
Parent Pick-up in front of the school
· PREK will pick up at 3:05 p.m.
Kindergarten, and 2nd grade students will be picked up at 3:15 p.m.
· 1st and 3rd grade students will be picked up at 3:15 p.m.
· Parents will park in the parking lot or where space is available.
· Do NOT park in the crosswalk.
· Line up safely outside the front doors in the grade level designated area.
· Families will be provided ONE RES Pick-up Ticket. The ticket will include the name of the student, grade, and classroom teacher.
· Students will exit the building under the supervision of staff safely to a parent/guardian WITH THEIR TICKET.
· TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN YOUR CHILD’S CLASSROOM TEACHER’S BIN OUTSIDE THE BUILDING THURSDAY.
· Pick-up during the school day - please call the EC1 @ 217-498-9778. Students will be transported safely to the front door by staff. Staff may ask for identification.
· YMCA afterschool program will be held at the EC-1 building for K-6 grades.
· 2nd and 3rd grade students will go to the bus lot with their classroom teacher and meet a YMCA staff member.
· Kindergarten and First Grade students will report to a YMCA staff member at dismissal time.
· Students must be picked up by 6:00 p.m. at the front doors of the EC-1 building. · YMCA contact information is 217-544-9846.
· VISITORS WILL CURRENTLY NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE BUILDINGS IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING AND TO LIMIT EXPOSURE.
· TO THE GREATEST EXTENT POSSIBLE, VISITORS WILL BE RESTRICTED TO AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY. IF THE DOOR ENTRANCE HAS A BUZZER/INTERCOM, A DISTRICT EMPLOYEE WILL ASSIST YOU.
Sign Up for Student Health Services:
We want all students to have access to student health services. With Hazel Health, students now have access to doctor visits right from the school nurse’s office, and virtual visits from home.
We’re launching our health services program for this school year, and we want to make sure your family has access to these services all year long. Our district is hosting a Consent for Care Drive to ensure 100% of families learn about our student health services from Hazel Health. With Hazel, students can immediately speak with a Hazel doctor right from school or at home.
On-demand health services include:
Medical treatment: For stomach aches, headaches, sprained ankles, asthma concerns, and everything in between
Medication: Prescriptions written or over-the-counter provided at school when needed
Coordination: With family physician and return to school communications
Parents - Please sign the Consent for Care form to ensure your child has access to these services:
If you have already completed the form, thank you! Help us reach 100% of families by reminding your fellow Rochester families to opt-in or opt-out of this new service.
Aramark Special Notes:
· Aramark will provide a FREE breakfast and lunch for students.
· Parents/Guardians may NOT attend lunch.
· Reminder - NO snacks allowed during school hours unless a student has a medical diagnosis which requires them.
Wednesday, May 25th:
*Breakfast will now be a daily assortment
Turkey & Cheese SW